Located in the heart of Buckinghamshire, Bartlett’s Residential Care Home and Stone House Nursing Care Home are an integral part of the Aylesbury and Buckinghamshire community. Both homes believe that exceptional care also involves playing an important role in the community.
Bird’s eye view of Aylesbury and Buckinghamshire
The town of Aylesbury started out as a Saxon settlement called Aegel’s burgh. After being a large village for centuries, the town transformed into an administrative centre in the medieval era.
In the 20th century, Aylesbury got its first museum and electricity supply, and by the 1950s, the town had an open-air swimming pool, a hospital and technical school. Once the town became a spillover for London, its population grew. Today, Aylesbury is a thriving town with Bourg Walk Bridge and Waterside Theatre.
Aylesbury’s location in Buckinghamshire offers easy access to the Chiltern Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Chiltern Hills run through the south of Buckinghamshire and attract cyclists, nature lovers and walkers. The characteristic flint and red brick buildings still stand in many parts of the Chilterns.
Embracing the local community
Both Bartlett’s and Stone House are part of the local community and make it a point to participate in as many local events as possible. This interaction not only allows our residents to mingle with the local community but also helps the community understand the role we play.
Some of the events that our residents, their families and our exceptional staff are looking forward to include:
- Tiptoppling Wonka Hats on 8th April 2016 at The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre.
- Easter Holiday Fun: Teddy Bears on 8th April 2016 at Bucks County Museum in Aylesbury.
- Tom, the play, on 9th April 2016 at Waterside Theatre.
- Haddenham Screen, the community cinema at the Youth Community Centre in Woodways, will be screening The Lady in the Van on 12th April 2016 at 8.00pm.
- Come and Sing on 16th April 2016 at St. Mary’s Church to support Cancer Research UK.
The vibrant and welcoming Aylesbury/Buckinghamshire community has so much to offer locals and visitors, and it is indeed a pleasure to be part of this warm and active community.